Before starting the actual
design of your deck, it is important to plan.
first and most important decision you have to make is choosing
the right contractor.
Once you meet with a contractor, check
their references. During your initial consultation, Whitmer Decks
will provide you with a list of references. When you call references
you just need to ask a few simple questions. These questions
will lead you to
the answer for your ultimate question. Should
I put my trust in this contractor?
The tools available today make it very easy to do
background checks on most contractors.
You can check their standing with
the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com.
You can also review customer comments about contractors
on sites like www.checkbook.org and www.angieslist.com.
These sites will give you the real scoop on how things went
on specific jobs from
the customers point
- Did they listen to you?
- Did they complete the work when promised?
- Did they start and finish on schedule?
- Did they end up charging you what was agreed
It is sometimes difficult to compare contractors
and to know what questions to ask. You can use
Your Contractor" check-list to help
identify some important qualities to compare.
We sincerly hope you will give us the opportunity
to meet with you and determine the best plan to
fit your particular wants and needs.
In working with you as our customer, we will:
Establish boundaries of operation.
- Determine if approval is required by the Homeowner's Association
Architectural Review Board (ARB).
- ARB's can be restrictive in many areas.
Some Homeowner's Associations will not deal directly with contractors.
However, we can be there to support you when you meet with them.
- Know the building codes in your area.
- Inspection and approval processes vary from county to county
and are complex in nature.
We take the load off and deal directly with county officials
* Design approval for building permits.
* Inspection scheduling and follow-up.
Determine if there could be problems with your neighbor.
- The new deck may impose on your neighbor's privacy.
Since we have experience in all of these areas, Whitmer Decks can assist
you in dealing with these and any other issues.